Wednesday, July 13, 2011

oh man...

it's been a while. i think about you every day...you faithful blog followers, you. i must admit i struggle with technology. not working with it, but with spending my time in the proverbial world as opposed to the "real world." i would rather sit down with a cup of tea and read a good book or crochet instead of checking email or facebook (of which i am thinking about deleting my account), looking up videos, updating my blog...but i really just need to find a good balance. i desire to update this little blog every week at least. i have so many ideas on what my next post/s should be, on what photo i should edit next...and yet have such a hard time making myself sit at this lovely little desk, in this lovely little chair to spend time on these things. things i do find valuable...unlike facebook. (get the bad vibes?)

so, i'm going to do it. i'm also working on my website finally. when i was in school i didn't want to set up a temporary one, but wanted to wait on a professional one. that fell through twice now, and have decided not to go the professional route (where someone with a web design degree designs the site specifically catered to moi) but to "just do it"...which is a new motto of mine as of late. so, i'm researching which host to go with (you may suggest one if you have a stellar idea!)

in my last post...way long ago...i told you i was going to be working on some things for some upcoming shows. i have already submitted a piece to the artlink member's show...of which is pictured down below. it is a piece from my digital imaging class, which i have not shown yet, but definitely like.

"domestic gathering of myselves"

i have lots of ideas floating around in my head and on scrap pieces of paper as to what i am going to do for my next show, of which i am allowed three pieces. i'm working on formulating some domestic collage-style images with many layers. i just hope i give myself enough time to shoot for it and get them all put together before they are due!

that is all for tonight. i hope to post some on vacation and other summer fun-ness-es soon!

xoxo
michelle

p.s. to my aunt and uncle...i love you guys and need to see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment