Sunday, July 24, 2011

here i am

again.  hooray, right?  i'm trying very hard to keep up my end of this thing.

today has been a good day.  let's backtrack a bit.  yesterday was a good day.  after work i made a target run with my mama (we frequently enjoy "target-runs" together...as well as the fresh market!) and afterwards we went to joann's.  lately i've had the urge to sew and as i walked past the sewing section, a few books caught my eye.  The Best of sew simple magazine jumped into my arms and never left them until i turned every page and soaked up every beautiful project.  needless to say, home it came with me...for me to drool over some more.  now onto today.  after church and lunch, i decided to be creative and productive, although a nap would have been heaven!  down to the basement i went, on a mission to un-earth my sewing machine.  a couple of years ago (yes, i said years) john, my brother-in-law, gifted me his grandmother's old kenmore sewing machine, manual, table, thimble and all.  my mother's machine had always been my go-to-machine until recently, when it decided to take a break...who knows how long it will be on vacation for.  thus the mission to get out my very own, obviously sears-bought machine and try it out.  to my joy, the little old lady works like a charm :)  now that she's out and warmed up, she just needs me to get a few supplies.  i believe some lovely little pot holders will be our first project together.

did i mention i am going to have a booth in the markle festival this year?  my friend holly is in charge of the creative side of things there this year and the booth is free!  so i will be there, august 20, trying to sell cute old ladies and thrifty young ones my artwork as well as some hand-made crafts.  and i thought why not pot holders???  haha.  there is still a lot i need to do to get ready for that, but am very excited!  i needed a little boost to get some new things going!

speaking of markets and such, i bought these adorable little colored pencils made from twigs at a farmer's market in MI a few weeks ago.  thought i would share them with you.  five dollars might have been a little steep for them, but i splurged anyway.  one of those "had to have" things.
 
 
so here's to creativity and a productive week ahead!

cheers! 
michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment