Saturday, February 20, 2010

waiting



out of my reflections came inspiration.

i just wasn't "feeling" the photo project i proposed for the first half of the semester. therefore it was not being worked on, and i felt like a failure. enter bad week. i can now clearly see that my "rut" was partially put in place so that i could gain new inspiration for my work. not my first choice for motivation, but cause for deeper meaning and more personal artwork. clever.

i'm changing my photo proposal from the norm of my domestic objects to a series on waiting. fitting, really. (REALLY)

i wasn't sure why i was taking these images last semester, but i now realize they were a prelude to this particular project...and my life. i'm still working out some of the ideas i have and the specific photos i want to create. lots of sketching and brainstorming to be documented.

above are a few of the digital negatives of images i took last semester for a process called gum bichromate, which will be the same process in which i will develop my new series. glad to have some sort of direction. now it's time to get serious.

waiting (with some inspiration),
michelle

2 comments:

  1. if you only knew how many different directions this makes my brain turn....

    andri

    ReplyDelete
  2. directions in regards to you or me? :)

    ReplyDelete