Tuesday, September 15, 2009

sometimes i'm an old lady



i crochet. i also knit. to quite a few people, this = old lady. my friends and i have crocheting/knitting parties where we watch movies and drink tea while practicing our craft. sounds old lady, i know, but the objects we produce are beautiful. the time we spend with each other is lovely. the gifts we give are greatly appreciated.

i just finished crocheting my first bag. quite a feat, since i usually stick to blankets and scarves which are hard to mess up. this particular rust-colored bag went to my friend kate yesterday for her birthday. pretty sure i will be making more, due to requests.

old lady? maybe. but mostly just another way for me to express my creativity.

michelle

6 comments:

  1. Good job on the bag. Just ran into someone else around your age who loves to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about me? i not only like it...i NEED another bag to carry my groceries up the hill (aka home) more easily. i suppose it should be made with some sort of not-too-stretchy yarn/string/???.... wouldn't want it to completely lose it's shape.

    :D
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. this totally rocks!!!! i want one. can i buy one from you?? are you going to/have you already opened an etsy shop??

    i'm kind of coveting your talent right now ... i'm definitely too afraid/too impatient to venture beyond knitting in scarf-land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i received the bag and i love, love, love it!!!
    ~kate xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you to all of my fans...i can only work on one side project at a time...currently knitting a scarf for the brother...but more bags to come I promise :)

    ReplyDelete